Sunday, 8 March 2015

Durstan is almost here... The Monk who Cast a Spell is published on 16th March

Motivational Press have designed my website social media banners, and I have a logo too!




I have joined Goodreads  and am listing the books I've read, those I would like to, and have on my shelves at home. It's been great to look again at the books I read to research the novel.



A big thank you to everyone who has pre ordered The Monk who Cast a Spell. It's out in paperback on 16th March, and there's still time to get a copy if you would like one. Here's the Link to Amazon

And because we all love a secret... I'll let you into mine. The book doesn't begin with Durstan and Ailan. You'll have to wait until chapter 2 to be with them. Chapter 1 gives us instead a great opportunity to meet some of the other characters in the 8th century, the Monk's world where everyone is looking for a way to survive...



"He had to put as much distance as he could between the enclosure and himself. They would hang him at the Lord's Court for what he had done, even Edgar Addle-Head knew that." 

and in chapter 2:

"The women hadn't been able to go back to Muile. A coracle was sturdy enough in 794AD but not in heavy seas; and the Monk's right arm lay across a girl's slender shoulders. She was sixteen years old..."

I'll be sending out a newsletter once a week with more extracts from the story, how I wrote it, and what happens next. Not all of this will be on social media so if you would like to receive a copy, and join me, please subscribe to my mailing list. 

There's a link to follow on the right hand side of the blog at the top, and also on my website (There's more quotes from the book on there too, if you want to have a peek...)



I hope you have a great week. Thank you for visiting the Hope and Dreams blog.