Thursday, 22 January 2015

Change ~ it's an Opportunity for Success

I used to be afraid of change, but now I am motivated and inspired by it.

One of the themes in "The Monk who cast a Spell" is the importance of change.

I am writing my 2nd novel which continues Durstan's story, and I have reached 20,000 words. 

Motivational Press are working on the interior layout of book 1; a cover design and my author website.

The article I wrote, "I can do this ~ Yes, You can!" published recently in Justin Sachs' latest book,"A New Year to a New You"has taken me in another direction. 

I didn't know that I would write a motivational book but that's also now a work in progress. I have written the first 3 chapters, and have an outline for the others. 

I still love writing poetry and "Woman, the Enchantress" has been included in the latest issue of The Dawntreader Poetry Magazine issue no:29 published by Indigo Dreams.

I entered two other poems in a competition at the weekend, and wrote a new short story.



"Lost on the Moor", an earlier story, has been included in the second issue of Kishboo Magazine. If you have a few minutes, please follow the link and vote for me! 


I used to believe in "writer's block" and would stop writing when I felt I couldn't add any more to a story or poem. I wasted precious time, until I learned all it meant was I needed to move on to another project.


Life is an adventure! Mine truly began when I stepped outside my comfort zone and started to write seriously. It's involved a career change, finding the motivation to do something I have always wanted to do, making a plan to achieve my goal and following it.

The poem The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost has been a favourite of mine for a long time:

"Two roads diverged...
I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth....

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."



Thank you for visiting the Hope and Dreams Blog.