Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Hold my hand




Hold my hand in life
as you will in death,
to ease both the passing
and our return.

You and I,
known one to the other
since infinity had memory.
Hold my hand in death
as you have in life, for
it's the moment to depart.

Tears fall on barren earth,
for you and I go now
to reunite the flame
in the star, the beauty of a river
that attends the sea, crossing
rocks and verdant meadow.

Until we are once again, my love,
hold me safely in your hand.


This is my poem for Magpie Tales http://magpietales.blogspot.com/ this week. I hope you enjoy reading it.

There's still time to join in with the challenge of writing a poem a week using the image provided, if you follow the link. This week it's Drawing Hands, 1948 by MC Escher.

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear about your week.