Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Words for a Dream

If there were dreams to sell,
Merry and sad to tell,
And the crier rung the bell,
What would you buy?

Thomas Lovell Beddoes

I expect there will be a lot of different answers including publication; writing 1000 words on the novel every single day; finishing a poem or story; a holiday; plenty of money and maybe, for some, having enough to eat.

We all have dreams but a thought once put into words can change life, if we continue with it. As writers we tell each other constantly not to stop writing and if it's publication we seek, submit our stories and poems for that success to be in sight.

My dream list changes from day to day except for the important ones. For the last couple of years my thoughts have been with the Ifakara Bakery Charity and are currently to sell all of the Anthology copies I've ordered from the Publisher.

I am thinking too of more orders so that writers and readers will be able to send as much help as we can to children in Tanzania, those who have so little.

If you would like to join us by buying a copy of the "Hope and Dreams" Anthology, then please send a cheque for £5.00 (£6.00 overseas), payable to S. Bradshaw, at 28 Belle Vue Terrace, Hampton-in-Arden, Solihull, West Midlands B92 0AR. 

Thank you to everyone who has already sent a cheque and/or donation. All monies received for the Anthology, less printing cost and postage, will be used to buy bread.  

And another dream... This weekend I sat in the garden writing and enjoying the sunshine. My thought was, I'll need a trip to the garden centre for flowers, as I'm hoping for something like this in the summer.

What do you dream of? A thought could be the first step to it happening.