1. Answer the 11 questions sent to you with the award.
2. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award onto 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers each.
Beverley asked me these questions:
1. where was I born - in London.
2. where do I live - the West Midlands, England.
3. if I was a crayon what colour would I be - probably green although my youngest son, Tom, was a yellow one when he went to a 21st birthday party last year with his University friends. They went to a nightclub dressed as crayons and the birthday boy was the box.
4. what was the last movie I watched - Casablanca, it's an old favourite.
5. what book am I reading now - The Artist's Way, a spiritual path to higher creativity by Julia Cameron. I have it on kindle.
6. if the power went off and was out for several hours what would I do - as I don't like to be in the dark, I would light a lot of candles and probably still try to read or scribble in my notebook.
7. what am I listening to right now - I don't have any music on so it's quiet to write but I can hear the birds singing in the garden.
8. what has been my greatest struggle as a writer - having the confidence initially to share what I had written with other people, submit my first poems and stories.
9. what is the one book I think everyone should read - there are too many good ones to be able to answer this, but I love poetry and think there is at least one poem written for each of us.
10. If I could be one of the Greek Gods who would I be and why - Poseidon, God of the oceans, because I love the sea.
11. what is the weirdest thing I've ever been told by a fortune cookie - I can't remember, sorry! I haven't had one for a long time.
And the 11 random facts are:
1. I love being a Mum best of all.
2. I wish I had started to write when I was younger as I think sometimes of all the words I've missed.
3. I've always thought that giraffes are amazing.
4. When I was in my twenties I adopted a ginger cat. He had been abandoned by his owners when they moved away.
5. I like marmite.
6. I bought a beautiful aquamarine ring a few years ago and wear it every day.
7. I can't watch horror movies as they scare me too much. I imagine they're real. (How sad is that?!)
8. My eldest Son is teaching English in Taiwan.
9. I love Jack Vettriano's paintings.
10. I would like to have met Ella Wheeler Wilcox; Byron and Yeats.
11. I think Venice is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and I love the art in Florence.